Ms. Angela Joo-Hyun Kang, Founder and CEO of Global Competitiveness Empowerment Forum (G-CEF) was invited as a special session speaker of Asian Forum on Corporate Social Responsibility, Asia’s foremost conference and expo on CSR hosted by Asian Institute of Management, with the topic of “Using CSR to drive innovation and profits" in the I. Strategic Business Competitiveness session.
The 9th Asian Forum on Corporate Social Responsibility
"HOW CAN CSR STRATEGY IMPROVE YOUR COMPETITIVENESS?"
October 21-22, 2010
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
* More than 500 delegates from 18 countries
* Over 70 presenters and moderators from Asia, Europe and USA to speak in powerful plenary sessions and 36 special interest (breakout) sessions
Special Interest Sessions:
I. Strategic Business Competitiveness
II. Workplace / HR Competitiveness
III. Marketplace Competitiveness
IV. Operational Competitiveness (Environment)
V. Social benefits and Competitiveness (Community)
VI. Personal skills for CSR Managers
* Conference partners: ActionAid International Vietnam, ASEAN Foundation, Asia Pacific Philanthropy Consortium, Business Ethics Institute of Malaysia, Business in the Community-UK, Center for Development and Integration; Vietnam, Centre for Social Markets; India, Community Business; Hong Kong, Confederation of Asia-Pacific Chambers of Commerce and Industry, Council for Better Corporate Citizenship; Japan, German Technical Cooperation (GTZ), Habitat for Humanity International, Indonesia Business Links, Kenan Institute Asia, League of Corporate Foundations; Philippines, Makati Business Club, Management Association of the Philippines, Management Institute for Social Change; Malaysia, National Center for Sustainability Reporting; Indonesia, Philippine Business for Social Progress, Population and Community Development Association of Thailand, Prince of Wales International Business Leaders Forum, PPM Institute of Management; Indonesia, Responsible Business Initiative; Pakistan and Singapore Compact for CSR.
* More than 200 entries of CSR programs from 20 countries are expected to compete for the eighth Asian CSR Awards
- Honoring Asia’s Outstanding CSR Projects - The Asian CSR Awards Program recognizes and honors Asian companies for outstanding, innovative and world-class products, services, projects and programs in five categories.
1. Best Workplace Practices
2. Concern for Health
3. Environmental Excellence
4. Poverty Alleviation
5. Support and Improvement of Education
The Awards ceremonies will take place during the Gala Dinner and Awards Night of the Asian Forum on Corporate Social Responsibility (AFCSR) 2010. Hundreds of senior executives and professionals from government, business, civil society and the media will be present.