Ms. Angela Joo-Hyun Kang, Founder and Executive President of Global Competitiveness Empowerment Forum (GCEF) was invited as a closing session speaker of the 4th International Conference on Action with Women and Peace with the theme of hosted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on December 15, 2022 at Lotte Hotel in Seoul, Republic of Korea.
Ms. Kang shared her reflections and views with three key words of advocacy, resilience, and empathy by highlighting the importance for global responses against violence against women and girls, expressing her respect for South Korea's advocacy effort and humanitarian action on the WPS agenda, introducing the W20 Declaration of Support for Afghan Women and Girls, the effort of Women 20 (W20), a G20's official policy engagement group, which she has representing South Korea since 2017, and emphasizing the power of the videos, made by youth as well as the necessity of emphathy for victims and survivors of sexual violence in conflict, esp. from ordinary people around the world.
• Event: The 4th International Conference on Action with Women and Peace
• Theme: Inclusive Perspectives on Women, Peace, and Security (WPS)
• Type: Hybrid event (In-person and streamed live by YouTube)
• Time: 10:00 - 16:30, December 15, 2022
- Opening session
- Panel discussion 1: Lessons learned from an Asian approach to Women, Peace, and Security (WPS)
- Panel discussion 2: Afghanistan: Let the voices be heard
- Award cermony of 2022 Global Youth Video Competition
- Closing session
• Event website : https://2022awp.or.kr/
• Media article: http://www.womennews.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=230694