Ms. Angela Joo-Hyun Kang, Founder and Executive President of Global Competitiveness Empowerment Forum (GCEF) was invited as a speaker of the pleanary session II <Challenges for Female Leadership in an Era of Uncertainty & Complexity> of the 55th Pacific Basin Economic Council Annual Dialogues Summit with the theme of <Sustainable Growth in the Age of Complexity> on November 23, 2022.
Ms. Kang spoke about an important role of woman talent in the challenging business environment and corporate responses with ESG (Environment, Social, Governance), which will be affected by the Corporate Sustainability Due Diligence Directive of European Union, the growing importance of the women's empowerment topic in the global policy platforms like G20, W20, B20, C20, etc., and the imperative to strengthen women's role for business, academia, and politicians engage with each other to address many economic, social, and environmental challenges around the globe sharing her views with three key words of new courage, new expansion, and new connection, professional experiences, and personal stories.
• Event: The 55th Pacific Basin Economic Council (PBEC) Annual Dialogues Summit
• Session: <Challenges for Female Leadership in an Era of Uncertainty & Complexity>
• Type: Virtual online webinar
• Time: 08:50-09:50 (HK/SG Time GMT+8) on November 23, 2022
Moderator: Ms. Jeanne Lim, Co-Founder & CEO of BeingAI (Hong Kong SAR)
- Ms. Lei Yu, CEO QBE Group North Asia & Regional Head of Distribution Asia Pacific, Awarded: Elite Woman 2021 by Insurance Business Asia (Hong Kong SAR)
- Ms. Irene Chu, KPMG China Partner – Regional Leader of Inclusion & Diversity Council (Hong Kong SAR)
- Ms. Dephy Oon, Founder, CEO & Master Coach, Paddee Connexions & Dell Women Entrepreneurs Network Advisory Council & Chapter Lead (Malaysia)
- Ms. Angela Joo-Hyun Kang, Founder & Executive President Global Competitiveness Empowerment Forum (GCEF) & Co-Head of South Korean Delegation W20 Indonesia (South Korea)