Ms. Angela Joo-Hyun Kang, Founder and Executive President of Global Competitiveness Empowerment Forum (GCEF) was invited as a moderator of the Webinar on 'Women 20 (W20): Women's Economic Empowerment of G20 Countries and Beyond' of Global Coffee Chat Series (GCCS), hosted by Harvard Kennedy School Women's Network (HKSWN), a non-profit organization with the mission to connect, support, and amplify the work of HKS alumnae, and its City Ambassadors.The event is one of the webinars as Global Coffee Chat Series (GCCS), hosted by HKSWN and Ms. Kang, as the HKSWN Seoul City Ambassador for HKS alumnae, students, faculty, and administration.
She will moderate the event with a special guest speaker, Ms. Salma Al-Rashid, W20 Sherpa during Saudi Arabia’s G20 Presidency about objectives and activities of W20, an official G20 engagement group promoting women’s economic empowerment to advocate legal and social reforms, enhance labor, financial and digital inclusion, and promote women’s leadership and entrepreneurship for gender-inclusive growth.
Ms. Kang has been active as a South Korean W20 delegate during 2017 German, 2018 Argentine, and 2019 Japanese G20 presidency years. She is currently Co-Head of W20 South Korean Delegation and the elected Digital Inclusion Working Group Chair of 2020 W20 Saudi Arabia.
Ms. Kang holds a Mid-Career Master’s degree of Public Administration (MCMPA) from Harvard Kennedy School where she was an Asia Program Fellow of Mossavar-Rahmani Center for Business and Government (after under Ash Institute for Democratic Governance and Innovation) as well as a Mason Fellow of the Edwards S. Mason Program in Public Policy and Management. She currently serves as the Seoul City Ambassador of Harvard Kennedy School Women's Network (HKSWN) covering South Korea and HKSWN Korea’s first President.
* Event: Global Coffee Chat Series
* Theme: 'Women 20 (W20): Women's Economic Empowerment of G20 Countries and Beyond
* Time: 8am (EDT USA) / 3pm (Saudi Arabia) / 9pm (South Korea), Monday, September 21, 2020
* Format: Webinar
* Host: Harvard Kennedy School Women's Network (HKSWN)
* Speakers: Theodora Skeadas, Founder and Co-President of HKSWN, Farah Arabe, Board Member of HKSWN and Chair of Global Coffee Chat Series, Angela Joo-Hyun Kang, Founder and Executive President of Global Competitiveness Empowerment Forum (GCEF), and Salma Al-Rashid, W20 Sherpa during Saudi Arabia’s G20 Presidency
* Further information:
https://www.hkswomensnetwork.com (Harvard Kennedy School Women's Network: HKSWN)
https://www.eventbrite.com/e/women-20-w20-womens-economic-empowerment-of-g20-countries-and-beyond-tickets-118236738267 (speakers and agenda)