Ms. Angela Joo-Hyun Kang, a member of the Anti-Corruption Committee of Business at OECD, the official corporate and industry advisory entity of the OECD, and Founder and Executive President Global Competitiveness Empowerment Forum (GCEF), gave her lecture at the conference on the topic of 'Integrity of Public Institutions and Past, Present, and Future of Anti-Corruption Policy and Evaluation' on September 22, 2022.
In the offline event for 21 public institutions in Jinju-city, Kyungsangnam-do, attended by the integrity ombudsman (integrity citizen auditor) and auditors of the relevant public institutions, Ms. Kang gave her presentation about 'Implications of the Ombudsman Policies in Overseas' by emphasizing those policies in public and private sectors as well as the importance of whistleblowing channels and whistleblower protection with cases and implications of the International Ombudsman Institute (IOI), OECD, EU, and other governments and companies.
* Date: 2 pm, September 22, 2022
* Venue: Namgang Hall, Korea Land & Housing Corporation
- Moderator: Mr. Kim Eui-Hwan, Former Executive Member of the Anti-Corruption and Civil Rights Commission (ACRC)
- M.C.: Ms. Lee Soo-Kyung, Secretary General of Kyungnam Integrity Cluster
- Presentation 1: Mr. Na Seong-Woon, Former Director of the Anti-Corruption and Civil Rights Commission (ACRC)
- Speech 2: Ms. Angela Joo-Hyun Kang, a member of the Anti-Corruption Committee of Business at OECD (Founder and Executive President Global Competitiveness Empowerment Forum, GCEF)
- Discussion and photo shooting
* Media articles related to the event:
- Kyungnam Provincial Daily News: http://www.idomin.com/news/articleView.html?idxno=805474
- Busan Ilbo: https://n.news.naver.com/article/082/0001175571?sid=102
* Kyungnam Integrity Cluster: An anti-corruption and integrity network based in the Kyungnam region and Jinju Innovation City, established in 2019, to spread the culture of integrity in the local community through anti-corruption collective action activities rather than by a each institution.
* Members of Kyungnam Integrity Cluster: 21 public institutions and organizations (Kyungnam Social Value Support Center, Kyungsangnam-do Provincial Office, Kyungsangnam-do Provincial Office of Education, Kyungsang National University, Kyungsang National University Hospital, Defense Technology and Quality Institute, Homeland Safety Management Agency, Housing Management Corporation, Small and Medium Venture Business Corporation, Central Customs Analysis Center, Jinju Office of Education, Jinju City, Jinju Hyangdang, Changwon City, Youth Community Empathy, Korea Energy (KOEN), Korea Industrial Technology Testing Institute, Korea Elevator Safety Agency, Korea Ceramic Technology Institute, Korea Copyright Commission, Korea Land & Housing Corporation)