GCEF (Global Competitiveness Empowerment Forum) has organized and implemented Social Enterprise Research Roundtable series with KOSEA(Korea Social Enterprise Agency) of the Ministry of Labor and Employment.
Social Enterprise Research Roundtable was launched on Dec. 6, 2012 with academics specialized in business administration, strategy, organization behaviors and finance etc. in universities and business schools in Republic of Korea.
Its main purposes are to seek collaboration network in academia focusing on social entrepreneurship and to do comparative research with academics in other countries in order to make systematic changes in education disseminating social enterpreneurship.
Faculty members are from Ajou University, Ansan University, Dankook University, Duksung Women's University, Ewha Wonmans University, Hanbat National University, Hankook University of Foreign Studies, Hanyang University, Yonsei University, KAIST, Korea University, Myongji University, Postech, Sang Myung University, Seoul National University, Sogang University, Sungkyunkwan University, The Catholic University of Korea, University of Seoul and Yeungnam University.
* The 1st Roundtable - December 6, 2012 - "The Role of Higher Education to Foster Social Entrepreneurs"
* The 2nd Roundtable - January 22, 2013 - "Challenges in Improving Education System to Nurture Social Entrepreneurship"
* The 3rd Roundtable - March 6, 2013 - "Social Cooperative", Kim Yong-jin / Professor of Business Administration, Sogang University
* The 4th Roundtable - April 5, 2013 - "Social Economy - Social Enterprise and Cooperatives", Choi Hyeok-jin / Chief Operating Officer of Korea Social Enterprise Promotion Agency
* The 5th Roundtable - June 14, 2013 - "Social Enterprise in Overseas and Prospects of South Korean Social Enterprise", Kim Jae-gu / President of Korea Social Enterprise Promotion Agency
* The 6th Roundtable - September 6, 2013 - "Korean Style of Social Enterprise 2.0", Shin Hyun-sang / Professor of GSIS(The Graduate School of International Studies), Ewha Womans University
* The 7th Roundtable - November 4, 2013 - "Social Economy and Social Innovation". Kim Jong-gul / Professor the Graduate School of International Studies, Hanyang Universtiy
* The 8th Roundtable - February 4, 2014 - A Year Starting Networking Dinner and Introduction of KOSEA(Korea Social Enterprise Agency)'s 2014 Project Plan
* The 9th Roundtable - March 3, 2014 - "Is It Possible to Realize Social Economy in South Korea?" Gong Suk-ki / Research Professor of Asia Center, Seoul National University
* The 10th Roundtable - April 7, 2014 - "Social Services and Social Economy: The Linkage Model of Social Services Industry - The Third Sector - Job Creation", Lee Chyul-sun/ Senior Researcher of the Korea Institute for Health and Social Affairs (KIHASA)
* The 11th Roundtable - May 12, 2014 - "The Eco-system of Social Enterprise and Social Innovation", Ra Jun-young / Professor of Business Administration, the Catholic University of Korea
* The 12th Roundtable - June 16, 2014 - "Social Enterprise and International Development: Peace Coffee in East Timor", Son Hyuk-sang / Professor of the Graduate School of Public Policy & Civic Engagement, Center for International Development Cooperation, Kyung Hee University
* The 13th Roundtable - January 27, 2015 - "Activation of National Social Enterprise Network Research", Lee Jung-hyeon / Professor of Business Administration, Myong Ji University
* The 14th Roundtable - May 27, 2015 - "Study on the Development of BISV: Basic Index of Social Value", Lee Eun-soo / Manager of KOSEA(Korea Social Enterprise Agency)
* The 15th Roundtable - June 17, 2015 - "Impact Investment and Assessment of Value" Moon Chul-woo / Professor of Business Administration, Sung Kyun Kwan University
* The 16th Roundtable - November 26, 2015 - "Social Progress Credit: SPC" Choi Joon / Director of Corporate Contribution Team, SUPEX Council, SK Group